Three of the most historic civil rights organizations, Texas NAACP, The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and the Houston Area Urban League will host a virtual Unity Rally Against Racism on Thursday, July 2, 2020, at 6 pm, the anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights Bill of 1964.
Gary Bledsoe, President Texas NAACP, Judson Robinson III, Houston Area Urban League President and Domingo Garcia, LULAC National President will join a lineup of high-profile supporters to commemorate the signing of The Civil Rights Bill of 1964 and focus on key issues including racism, new legislation, and overcoming barriers to voting during the current health and economic crisis.
Confirmed Speakers and Celebrity Guests
- U.S. Representative Karen Bass, CA-District 37, Chair of Congressional Black Caucus
- U.S. Representative Eddie Bernice Johnson, TX-District 30
- U.S. Representative Joaquin Castro, TX-District 25 and Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chair
- Hon. Julian Castro, Former Sec. of Housing and Urban Development and 2016/2020 Presidential Candidate
- Texas State Senator Royce West, District 23
- Texas State Representative Toni Rose, District 110
- Texas State Representative Victoria Neave, District 107
- Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson
- Bishop T.D. Jakes
- Emmitt Smith, Dallas Cowboy Hall of Famer
- Comedian George Lopez
- Anthony Anderson, Star of TV Show Black-ish
- Dr. Freddie Haynes, Senior Pastor, Friendship West Baptist Church
- Michelle Carter, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tim Brown, NFL Hall of Fame
- Charles Haley, NFL Hall of Fame
- Thurman Thomas, NFL Hall of Fame
- Derrick Johnson, Former Dallas Cowboys
- Greg Ellis, Former Dallas Cowboys
- Ray Mickens, Former NFL Player
- Tommy Harris, Former NFL Player
- Jane Hamilton, Community/Voting Rights Activist
WHO: Texas NAACP, Houston Area Urban League, and LULAC
WHAT: Unity Rally Against Racism
WHEN: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 6 pm
WHERE: Virtual – Link to Live Unity Rally – https://unityrally.us
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is a landmark of civil rights and labor law that outlaw discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. It prohibits unequal application of voter registration requirements, and racial segregation in schools, employment, and public accommodations.
For more information please contact Sherelyn Roberts, 469 835-6510, email@example.com
Charles Myrick,President/CEO of American Consultants Rx Inc. (a.k.a. ACRX) announces the release of 20-80 million ACRX discount prescription cards.ACRX is working hard to supply much needed assistance to uninsured consumers who are looking for a way to cut costs on prescription drug costs. The ACRX discount prescription cards save up to 80% off the cost of medicine. There is no enrollment or activation needed. One card will cover a family. No expiration as well.
ACRX goal is to donate between 20-80 million ACRX free discount prescription cards to charities, non-profits, churches, businesses, state and federal agencies, etc. to be distributed to people in need throughout the country. As an additional request from doctors, clinics, and directors across the country the ACRX cards can also be downloaded by installing the ACRX app designed for Android users, or by visiting our website at http://www.acrxnews.com and printing the card. All organizations and individuals in need can also request the free ACRX cards (hard card to be shipped) as well from the website.
As an added bonus the free ACRX cards can now be used for PETS! Just ask your veterinarian if your pet’s medicine can be filled at the local pharmacy. If so just ask your veterinarian for a prescription. Then just present your pet’s prescription and your ACRX card at the time of purchase and save!